How to Check CIBIL Score Online_Banner_WC
How to Check CIBIL Score Online_WC
Four credit information bureaus operate in India – Equifax, Experian, CRIF Highmark and Credit Information Bureau Limited (CIBIL). These credit bureaus collect information about borrowers, which is like a portrait defining various aspects such as borrower’s punctuality in the payment of their EMIs & credit card dues, their debt-to-income ratio, their debt burden, their fixed-obligation-to-income ratio and so on. Based on these parameters, these credit information bureaus prepare credit reports and assign credit scores to borrowers.
Of these four credit information bureaus, TransUnion CIBIL is the most well-recognized and well-trusted. In fact, most lenders operating in India work with CIBIL to understand a potential borrower’s creditworthiness and repayment capacity. The credit rating given by CIBIL is known as CIBIL Score.
Loan applicants must check their CIBIL score before applying for a loan so that they can take corrective measures in case their CIBIL score does not meet their lender’s qualifying criteria. The question however is: how does one check CIBIL score online? This brief guide answers this very question. So, read on.
How can I check my CIBIL score?
Borrowers can check their CIBIL score online by either paying a small fee on the official website or using one of the unofficial websites that allow borrowers to check CIBIL for free.
Method 1: Official and Reliable, but comes with a (small) price
The first method requires a borrower to go to the website of TransUnion CIBIL and fill out an application form in these steps:
- Sign up and create an account.
- Once you have created an account, request to get access to your credit report by filling out an application form. In the form, you will be required to disclose details, such as your phone number and email address.
- Pay a nominal fee.
- Once you have made the payment, TransUnion CIBIL will send you your elaborate credit report on your registered email ID.
People Also Read: How to Check, and Improve CIBIL Score?
Method 2: Unofficial, but FREE!
Of course, the report you get when you opt for this method would be highly elaborate and reliable. However, if you do not want to pay a fee, you can check your CIBIL score online for free by visiting one of the websites, such as that of Bajaj Finserv, that offer this service. These websites allow loan applicants to check their CIBIL score again and again without paying any fee. The information you provide here will remain safe with the operators of the website and security won’t be an issue. All you have to do is register with the website using your phone number and OTP. Once you have done that, you can check your CIBIL score using either your PAN Card or Aadhar details.
A. By using Your PAN Card
You can do CIBIL score check free online by PAN number. These websites ask for an applicant’s PAN details as these details allow these companies to access an individual’s credit records accurately. If you are using your PAN details to check your credit score, make sure to enter all details accurately – all details you enter on the website must match the details on your PAN card.
Next, follow these steps to check CIBIL score online using your PAN details.
- Go to a trustworthy website that allows you to check CIBIL score online for free.
- Create an account and go to check your CIBIL score option.
- Enter details, such as name and date of birth. Once again, make sure the details you enter match the details on your PAN card.
- You will also be required to enter your phone number, residential address, and mobile number.
- Submit and you will see your credit score on the screen.
B. By using your Aadhar Card
If you want to check CIBIL score using Aadhar, follow these steps:
- Create an account on your preferred website and look for the credit score download option.
- Enter details, such as name and date of birth according to your Aadhar.
- Press submit and you should see your credit score on the screen right after.
Most of these websites are free to use and safe. So, you can use them whenever you want without worrying about your data getting leaked.
Those planning to avail of a loan must get their credit report at least six months in advance. This will give them ample time to report issues and errors as well as take corrective measures in case their credit score does not meet their lender's eligibility requirements. These days, it has become quite easy to check one's CIBIL score online. Follow one of the methods mentioned above and get access to your credit report for free.
People Also Read: Best Credit Score for Home Loans & How to Improve Yours
How to Check CIBIL Score Online_RAC_WC